The role as R&D Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity with a fast-expanding Medical Device company for a Mechanical Engineer to help us improve our current products as well as develop new products.
You will be involved in all phases of the project life cycle including concept generation, preliminary and detail design, assembly, analysis and testing as well as manufacturing support. You will work closely with the other developers and product manager to qualify and execute design inputs, as well as manage external suppliers and manufacturing partners.
We are looking for someone with a passion for product development and motivation to understand user needs and challenges. Ideally, you have experience with medical device technology and applicable regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate for this role should also have experience from design transfer, production methods and tool manufacturing.
You must be self-driven, creative, have attention to detail, as well as great teamwork and collaboration skills. You will become part of a fast-growing business with the mission of improving care for our youngest patients.
You are able to demonstrate an understanding of technical investigation (root-cause), risk management and change process, and have excellent problem solving, communication and analytical skills. You like to take responsibility, are open-minded and can quickly shift your focus when priorities change. You appreciate working in a small and dynamic company and are open to support your colleagues in other areas when needed.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing and committed and appreciates the pace and the agile working style that a small scale-up company can offer. Having a strong personal drive and at the same time being a true team player is the perfect combination when joining us at this phase.
The R&D Engineer reports directly to the CEO.
- Building prototype hands-on
- Creating technical specification and ensure proper project documentation
- Creating & editing technical drawings of mechanical assemblies/components
- Design for manufacture & assembly
- Testing & Verification (planning, testing and reporting)
- Coordinating contract manufacturing and purchasing activities
- Supporting cost reduction initiatives for components in production
- Resolving technical issues
- BS, MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Technical experience in mechanical design
- Experience with medical devices and knowledge of Quality Management System and Design Control desired
- Experience in manufacturing
- Knowledge of flow measurement is a great advantage
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
Professional and Personal Competences (Skills)
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Shares expertise and knowledge with others.
- Ability to analyse numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information
- Demonstrates a rapid understanding of newly presented information. Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making.
- Strong team-building and collaborative skills
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives.
Opportunities with the role
Today Monivent consists of a few people, working closely together supporting each other in a friendly atmosphere and team spirit. This is an opportunity to work in a rapidly growing company listed on Spotlight Stock Market, with short decision-making processes where each employee’s contribution is important for the company’s development and results.
You will play an important role in actively supporting the company during an important journey with unique products for the benefit of patients (the small babies), parents and the healthcare system.
For inquires and more information about the position, please contact:
Catharina Herbertsson or Eva Runnerström, Sr Recruitment Consultants at PeakSearch (www.peaksearch.se).
email@example.com, +46 (0)706 152 772
firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0)701 725 379
Apply for the position at PeakSearch homepage www.peaksearch.se or send your cover letter together with your CV directly to either Catharina or Eva, see above.